It’s yard sale weekend in Manchester! Who knows what treasures you might find?
Here’s a list of books at the library that will inspire you with ways to put those treasures to great use in your home or garden.
whether you’re just getting started or have already gathered a few things, here are resources to help you identify, price, research and display collectibles
- Alligators, Old Mink & New Money, Alison Houtte
- Antiques Roadshow 20th Century Collectibles, Carol Prisant
- Arts and Crafts, Judith Miller
- The complete book of retro crafts: collecting, displaying & making crafts of the past, Suzie Millions
- Don’t Call the Thrift Shop, Susannah Ryder
- Furniture, Judith Miller
- Godden’s Guide to Ironstone, Geoffrey A. Godden
- Masterpieces of Glass, R.J. Charleston
- Sixties Style, Judith Miller
- Storage and Display, Martha Fay
Reuse and Recycle
fix it, paint it, wear it out, use it up, and make things last!
- The Complete Guide to Chair Caning, Jim Widess
- The Complete Photo Guide to Slipcovers, Linda Neubauer
- Don’t Throw it Out, Lori Baird
- Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt, Megan Nicolay
- Handmade Home, Amanda Blake Soule
- Junk Chic, Kathryn Elliott
- Small Engine Care and Repair, Daniel London
- Weekend Furniture Facelifts, Helen Carey
take something and make it into something else altogether!
- Altered Art, Terry Taylor
- The Envelope Mill, Haila Harvey
- Fabulous Jewelry from Found Objects, Marthe Le Van
- Hardware Style, Marthe Le Van
- Salvage Style, Joe Rhatigan
- Second-Time Cool: the Art of Chopping Up a Sweater, Anna-Stina Linden Ivarsson
- Warm Fuzzies, Betz White