The last few days, we’ve been hearing about kids missing school due to the flu, and everyone seems to have questions and concerns about vaccines for both regular and H1N1 flu. Here are a few resources that might be helpful:
- First off: what exactly IS the flu? Influenza (flu) at MayoClinic.com
- If you know kids who enjoy Sid the Science Kid (mine do!), you might want to watch this fun video showing how to avoid getting sick.
- Are your children school-age? Get the latest on student illnesses and vaccine clinics: Health Information at Manchester Community Schools
- The Washtenaw County Public Health Department is the place to check for the latest news about seasonal and H1N1 flu vaccine availability.
- Check the Michigan Department of Community Health for the numbers on current H1N1 activity (numbers of people infected).
General good hygiene is the best way to avoid spreading or getting the flu, so we’ll be stocking up on tissues, antibacterial wipes, and hand sanitizer at the library.